Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Elf on the Shelf

I finally got an Elf on the Shelf. Finally. I had been wanting one for awhile. The kids named him Jack.


Here he is- photo via my phone.


The other two kids left but I read the story to P. When I was done she crossed her arms, stuck out her bottom lip and demanded to know why we had to get that stupid elf anyway cause all he was gonna do was tell on her.

The first morning after his arrival, we found Jack perched in the Christmas tree. P was excited to get up and see where he would be.

Imagine my disappointment when a mere twenty-four hours after Jack's arrival, P announces that all she has to do is touch him and he will lose his magic and then he can't fly to the North Pole and tell Santa on her. She also decided that we already had presents under the tree so we didn't need any from Santa anyway. How does a four year old come up with this stuff? Hi-lar-i-ous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment